6/12/12

Obsessed??

Well maybe i'm just "a little" obsessed by Maison Martin Margiela, but this morning i couldn't skip the rumors about MMM being the next collaboration with H&M!!! 
The rumor turned out to be a real piece of news: the collection will be available in stores from november 15th 2012.


 I'm not a big fan of this kind of collaborations: i didn't buy any clothes from the previous projects that H&M did with other fashion designers, the last one was Marni. 
I didn't even buy anything from the collaboration they did with Comme des Garçons
and, so far, everybody knows that Rei Kawakubo is a guru for me!!!!
I think the clothes are still "poor" in terms of quality, although they try to use better materials such as silk or whatever,  at the end they still are H&M clothes and everybody knows what happens to an H&M clothe after few washes....
I also try not to buy too much from chains: that's for me a rule on regular bases and not only concerning clothes although, sometimes, i think that some of the clothing chains can save your life especially in these recession times.
So i don't know if, for the next F/W, i'll break my rules and i will be one of those people standing in line in front of an H&M store at 5 in the morning just to be between the first customers to put my hands on "MMM for H&M".
Temptation is strong!!!

Till then, enjoy the Margiela Channel on YouTube and check out the video for the MMM F/W 2012 which is always inspiring.


Some pics from the MMM Avant Premiere Collection:













No comments:

Post a Comment